Monday, June 25, 2007

We now have Edible TOMATOES!!!!

Whooo hooo!! Yup you heard it correct! I now have fruit that we can now eat, share with family and friends and have in our salads and sandwiches. MMMMM Tomatoes!




I am so thrilled that I can actually grow something and have it produce something that is edible. What an experience... its like the day I wrote my first HTML code! Very exciting!!!!

These tomatoes plants are growing like weeds, they are 5-6ft tall already and producing alot of fruit. I am getting cherry tomatoes from .5 inches to 1.5 inches in diameter and they all have their own twist in flavors. The smaller ones are really really sweet where as the larger ones are not so much. (But not to the point of being sour, which is good.)


I am really glad that I went down this path of gardening… words cannot explain the confidence, and the amount of tranquility that I have gained from this experience! A great stress reliever, and confidence booster all at the same time. Not to mention great eats as well!




Till Next log! Cheerio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You had much better success than we did this year. Our neighbots whacked down their big tree in the back yard and we lost all the shade for our vegetables. Oh Well, we'll do something different in the new house.